Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#1 (Week of 1/31/11)

This week was great in terms of practice. In class we worked a lot on our tone and articulation. I noticed that at some of the measures I went to slow and my articulation was not up to par. As the week progressed I practiced playing some of the scales Mr. Shankles gave us. I had limited time this week, but I found time to play my instrument. I tried to perfect some of the scales you gave us by playing them over and over. Also I used my tuner to have the best possible sound! After playing scales I played some of the important measures I had in Prairie Songs. At first I played it really slow, then gradually increased speed. The eights notes get confusing at times, but I tried my best to follow everything. I looked up the recording of some pieces, and I found them do be very entertaining and uplifting. Lastly, I wrote down some notes to better my performance in the band room. All in all, I feel that my goal to practice certain parts this week were met!

No comments:

Post a Comment