Wednesday, February 9, 2011

#2 (Week of 2/7/11)

This week we got a lot of new music in both Symphonic Band, and Jazz Band. Festival is coming up, and getting the music down is crucial to getting 1 rating. As a band we need help in certain areas, but I primarily struggle with pace we go in class. I have worked on keeping my tempo steady, while following the music very closly. I tapped my foot to keep track of the beats. This helped a lot! Another I focused on is getting to the higher register quicker. Going from high F to a B taking fast reflexes. To improve this I played certain sections of Prarie Songs and the new march we got. I saw some decrease in pitch as reached higher in the key, but to control this I played it slower and gradually increased my speed. Lastly, I worked on my many slurred parts in our songs. Being 2nd Clarinet means that I cannot depend on someone else to cover me up. I feel that my practice was productive this week, I hope to continue it in the coming days.

No comments:

Post a Comment