Saturday, March 5, 2011

#4 (Week of 2/28/11)

Wow, this week was very intense in terms of Band practice and focusing on the music. I knew that we were going to have some clinicitions come in and judge us so i practiced quite a bit this week. I needed most help with Prairie Songs and some small parts of Chant Rituals. I started off going over the small bass part i had in the start of Chant Rituals, I made sure that my accents and tonging were clear and hearable. Staying with the tempo and within the dynamic contrast was also met after I played it 4-5 times. I enjoyed playing the delayed parts because it was all timing and precision on when i come in. I believe i nailed that in practice and rehearsal. Also in Chant Rituals i practiced the Ah's and Wha's so I could that D sound in my voice! In Prairie songs i have a lot of moving parts in which just 2nd and 3rd Clarinet play. I made sure that i knew when to come in and also when to play out with the dynamic changes. We have a lot of rhythm changes so i practiced with the music online in slow motion and then speed up when i was better at it. I changed my reed curing my at home practice so i could have a firmer sound in class and so i could go well on Thursday. Lastly, in Prairie Songs i emphasized a lot on my entrances and pick up notes so I could better aid the 3rd clarinet during rehearsal. All in all i believe i had a great practice this week, and it paid off well on Thursday's mini performance!

No comments:

Post a Comment