Saturday, March 19, 2011

#6 (Week of 3/14/11)

This week was not the best week for practice, all because we had festival the weekend before. After receiving our scores I was not happy, but i wanted to improve on what the cons we had in our performance. There was not much I could do, but i looked over the music we played and looked at the parts where i think we as a band messed up. It was a team effort so nobody was to blame. But as I heard the recording in class i realized that i we had some tempo problems and a lot of dynamics issues. My practice at home was realizing what i did wrong during the performance. I spotted a couple of errors, but when i got to school i found out a lot more. I played through Chant Rituals, at the parts where I had issues. Worked on some dynamic exercises. Also I listened to the copy of Chat Rituals online to hear the real recording. Overall i thought that this week was tough for practice, but i made some time to realize my mistakes...

No comments:

Post a Comment