Friday, April 1, 2011

#7 (Week of 3/21/11)

I had a good time practicing this week. I really believe that I spent quality time looking over some nice pieces of music. I went through some pop songs as long as play some of our 1st quarter songs. Mainly i worked on the Chorale Book, and producing a good sound. As you mentioned in class, balance is key in having a strong band that was one of our problems at Festival. I practiced my given parts in class and tune a lot at home to get a good sound. I made sure i knew where to put the barrel of my Clarinet when i assembled it so i would not have to play around with it too much when tuning. Also in the chorale book, i played through the first 4 pages, and went through some of the songs i was familiar with. Some were slow, but it made me have control my sound. The farther i got in the piece the more musical it became, it felt weird but i got accustomed to listing to slower pieces as the week progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment