Saturday, April 30, 2011

#10 (Week of 4/18/11)


This week was tiring for me because we had a lot of quizzes and projects. However I made time for practicing my instrument. I played on Tuesday with one of my cousins who also plays the clarinet, we both are at the same level, but we both learned some new things from each other. I practiced the chromatic scales because we had a playing test on Thursday. Also, i went through the 1st three songs on the assessment sheet for Symphonic Band. I nailed the 1 and 2nd one, but the 3rd one gave me some troubles. Instead of playing a B flat i would play a B. This happened throughout the piece, i was not getting the right notes down. My articulation and rhythm was pretty good. I played with my cousin and i seemed to get a lot of it right. Another big thing i worked on was the songs 4 and 5. Wow, these 8 and 16th notes really were hard to play especially at the tempo that was suggested. I played it slow at first and i got 75% of it down. But as I increased my speed i saw my percentage go down. I tried my best to play at the given tempo, but i decided to take the pieces at 96 on of the test. My cousin helped me out with dynamics and alternate fingerings, so i would have an easier time playing some of the far out notes. For the most part my rhythm was solid; Ii corrected most of my mistakes with that. I think i am ready for this test!

No comments:

Post a Comment