Sunday, April 17, 2011

#9 (Week of 4/11/11)

Wow, this week was fun for me! I really enjoyed practicing some music. Even though we had band rehearsal twice this week (you were out on Monday), I felt that i had more time to expose myself to some cool pieces. I had some books from Middle School lying around, and i starting to play some fun songs in there, such as: Star Wars, Cars, Jeopardy Theme, and others. I did this because we didn't really get new sheet music week, in class on Friday we played a cool combination of songs! But at home i focused on playing 'A theme from Cars" and "Star Wars." In Cars, I played Route 66 a lot because I liked the style of it, also i practicing my slurring a lot in this song. In Star Wars, i practiced the main chorus a lot, so I can be out the melody more, when Mr. Shankles asks the Clarinets to play out with good balance. I was able to learn some of the thing Mr. Shankles teaches us in class in some of the pop music. Something I liked about Cars, was the Jazzy feel to it, it had some glissando’s in the piece which i really liked playing. I went through my old books and played some music to get back the feeling of playing pop music; because i have a feeling we are doing some pop music for our Spring Concert!

No comments:

Post a Comment