Friday, April 1, 2011

#8 (Week of 3/28/11)

This week was very productive in terms of practice. I took my instrument home and practiced a lot of scales. We didn't really get music to play at home or practice, but i went through some of the old songs we did to make sure i got the mistakes cleaned up. I played some parts in Chant Rituals, New Moon, and Chorale and Shaker dance. I enjoyed hearing these songs after a long time because of the familiarity i had with them. I could tell that the first time I played it sounded decent, but the second was much better because i remembered what problems we had with the piece. Besides playing those songs, i played through many scales and warm ups from a booklet i got last year. I made sure my tonging was good, so i can better perform the 16 and 8th notes in class. Also i worked on playing fast and accurate, i sometimes struggle to keep up when we are playing a fast part, so i reviewed and made some good improvements. I really think that my playing is getting better, i can't wait to try out for Symphonic Band '11-'12!

No comments:

Post a Comment