Saturday, April 30, 2011

#11 (Week of 4/25/11)


I enjoyed playing music this week, despite the fact that to practice for our minor scale tests. I played the scales a lot because of the awkward fingering; i noticed that my fingers had to jump around to produce that nasty sound. I t sounded pretty cool but it took practice. I focused on the G Minor scale the most because i skipped 1 note when coming up and down. Other than practicing scales i played some of the John William in Concert at home. I played the star wars theme, because we had the weird melody which correlated with the trumpets. The notes were mostly flat so i practiced playing those. Over all i focused on the rhyme on the some of the bigger sections, also i counted at the parts where i was confused. Also i practice Palladio because it was a pretty fast piece, and a lot of the melodic parts were from the Clarinet section. I primarily practiced the first section because it was the entrance of the song, and the melody started right away. I got all the notes down, but it was a matter of playing it all with the right tempo. I played slow and first and gradually increased my speed. It took me some time but i think i got a pretty good start to this song. All in all i felt that this week was a fun week to play some interesting music.

No comments:

Post a Comment